Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekly Challenge #4 | Starry Eyed Surprise!

This week I am the Diva challenged us to be inspired by stars! Anyone who knows me knows I L O V E stars! I have a James Avery Star charm that I wear dangling from a silver box chain around my neck every day. I have stars on my front porch, I have star dies for my diecut machine, I have star punches for crafting, I buy star paper, I have stars on my tree...I love stars. So naturally a star challenge would find me drawing...circles.
Yes, I said C I R C L E S! I don't know what to tell you. The star challenge was a challenge for me, the star lover. After much distress over why my mind wanted circles and nothing but circles, I decided to stand back and wait. As the news unfolded this week about the continued shift of the Earth's axis resulting in the introduction of a new astrological sign, it became clear to me what my fixation on circles was about. No, nothing so deep as discovering astrological bodies, but, the biggest star I know is well, a sphere.

SUN (sÅ­n) n.
  1. often Sun A star that is the basis of the solar system and that sustains life on Earth, being the source of heat and light. It has a mean distance from Earth of about 150 million kilometers (93 million miles) a diameter of approximately 1,390,000 kilometers (864,000 miles) and a mass about 330,000 times that of Earth.
  2. A star that is the center of a planetary system.
  3. The radiant energy, especially heat and visible light, emitted by the sun; sunshine.

The "star" I was needing to draw was the sun! Once I wrapped my brain around that and embraced it, I could tangle! So, co-tanglers, I give you my Celestial Bodies! Thank you for looking!


Celestial Bodies 1
 
rotated Celestial Bodies 1


Celestial Bodies 2
 
rotated Celestial Bodies 2

side note: AFA Accredited Astrologer Maria Kay Simms discusses the viral news in a chat archived here.


9 comments:

  1. ★★★Star-dusting Whispers of Aloha★★★

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! so glad you followed your instinct, the sun is a very important star indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...love them all and the overall concept. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it - saw your comment on my blog first - now I understand. My tile sat on my desk a long time without the circles. I spent too much time resisting putting them in - lesson learned lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for sharing these wonderful tiles and the background to understand them a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful approach to the challenge and two very beautiful interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie, Do you hand draw these? Amazing!
    I have to show my 12 yr daughter--she does similar with flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!